Pecha Kucha Night Kyoto Vol.3 – INSPIRE JAPAN
Date: Saturday, April 16th, 2011
Place: Butterfly Kyoto
Entrance: 1000 yen (incl. 1 drink) + suggested donation of 1000 yen
Here’s the good word from Eric Luong…
THINK / PARTICIPATE / DONATE / INSPIRE
On April 16, many of the 400 PechaKucha cities around the world will come together and hold events, broadcasting out to the world and Japan over multiple Ustreams in support of the victims of the recent Tohoku earthquake and tsunami. Donate at the door or online.
The 20×20 presentations will be focused on 3 main themes INSPIRE/JAPAN, THE ISSUES, & RECOVERY. They could be simply about things that inspire us, or Japan, how it has inspired you. Great ideas or solutions that help deal with the issues at hand whether earthquake, tsunami or nuclear – and the road to recovery.
On the 16th of April 100’s of 20×20 presentations will be made around the world, these will all be streamed live and then uploaded online to make a database of positive inspiration for Japan.
Please join us!
1. Felicity Greenland (Singer)
2. Christine Flint Sato (Sumi artist)
3. Kawakami Takafumi (Shunko-in temple)
4. Micah Gampel (Photographer)
5. Bianca Beuttel (designer-essayist) – “Japan Package Design Exhibition and beyond”
6. Yui Hosokai (Art Complex)- “300 ways to learn, 300 workshops; the International Workshop Festival [300 DOORS]”
7. Yanai Shinichi (Artist / Kyoto University of Art and Design)
8. Ishibashi Keigo （gallery Neutron)
9. Niimoto Ryoichi (Writer/Kyoto University of Art and Design)
10. Kondo Kana – Architecture for Humanity
11. Kit Adran (Astrologer)