It’s that time of year again! Thanks to Karen Lee Tawarayama for passing on the news of the 6th annual Writers in Kyoto writing competition. There are a variety of prizes on offer again this year and of course the chance to be published in the next WiK anthology. Here are some details:
- THEME: Kyoto (English language submissions only)
- DEADLINE: March 31st, 2021 (Midnight JST)
- GENRE: Short Shorts (unpublished material only)
- WORD LIMIT: 300 Words (to fit on a single page)
- FORM: Short poems, character studies, essays, travel tips, whimsy, haiku sequence, haibun, wordplays, dialogue, experimental verse, etc. In short, anything that helps show the spirit of place in a fresh light.
- Limited to one submission per person
- You do not need to be located in Kyoto to participate. We accept submissions from anywhere in the world.
- Must be submitted by Microsoft Word attachment file. (Submissions by PDF attachment will NOT be accepted.)
- At the top of the Microsoft Word attachment (not in the body of the e-mail), please include the following: Full Name, E-mail Contact, Nationality, Current Residence (Town, Country).
- Do not provide any special formatting to your piece. We request your information at the top with the text directly below.
- Please send your Microsoft Word attachment file to: email@example.com
For more details of this competition please check the Call for Entries on the official WiK wesbite. If you are looking for inspiration, two of the Writers in Kyoto anthologies (shown below) which include some of the previous years’ winners are available from Amazon in both paperback and Kindle editions.